Samstag, 17. November 2012

And all that craft....



In the last two weeks I have have been busy making and crafting for my Girls. I started Christmas planning and and gift-making and am happy to have started already. In order for gifts to arrive in Germany in time I need to send the packages soon. In the years prior they often (or better to say most of the time) have arrived too late. It would be nice to break the habit!


counting toadstools

the tutorial of drawstring bag is from the Purl bee and can be found here

 the making of Montessori sandpaper-numbers

 working with numbers

 homemade play-dough (recipe found here at The Artful Parent)

So, when the kids are asleep the Santa-workshop opens. But crafting alone is half the fun.... especially, if you have friends, that like to get together! Last week-end I met friends to sew together for Christmas and yesterday evening I met a different group of  friends for a "GNI" ("Girls-Night-In"). Everybody brought something to nibble and zip on and the crafts they work on at the moment. Between homemade dips, bread, chocolate-mousse, chocolate-martinis and lots of teary laughter  we scrapbooked, knitted, sewed, wound yarn around the kitchen table. We were so engaged that time slipped by unnoticed and when we said our good-byes it was in the early moning-hours! What a good time I had!


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen